lunes, 28 de noviembre de 2011

My visit to the UWA 3D Open Art Challenge.

This time, I had to go on second life and visit the UWA 3D open art challenge. I was a little skepticall about this I must say, but once I started seeing all of the awesome art work they have there I changed my mind, I was impressed.
I believe it was a positive experience for me to visit the exposition and see how much you can accomplish with a little creativity and drive, its definitely inspiring to see all of the great pieces they created, I think all of them have great color management and composition principles.

This one was my favorite piece:
The sculpture is called Enfolded and the author's name is Glyph Graves
This is what the author wrote about his work: 

Enfolded

A reactive sculpture
but reactive to events out side of the earths atmosphere.
As the lines of earths protective blanket twists and folds itself iteracting with the suns solar wind this sculpture also twists and folds, its texture shifts as the the lines of magnetic force that surround the earth shift.

This sculpture takes the data from the ace sattelite in real time and imbues the scupture with its form.

Every minute it reforms itself according to the strength and  lines of magnetic force outside the earths atmosphere. Not only do the component parts flow with the lines of force  but as the sculpture is updated each minute from the sattelite the texture also flows through the body of the sculpts accentuationg differnt parts.


Think about this  

A sculpture that combines colour and form,  a composite of the physical world and the virtual  and moves as a reflection from one to the other.

very much like what  your avatar and the ones you see around are. 



I also took a shot of another artwork I thought It was interesting




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario